Locke NY Shows – Nov 3-5, 2017

Home Forums COA Member Forums Events & Awards Locke NY Shows – Nov 3-5, 2017

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kristy Jolly 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Karen Hinchy

We had a great turnout for the Locke UKC conformation shows – a great time was had by all hanging out and catching up on dog and human concerns! The show site is the Locke NY Fire house, and wow, did I feel old reminiscing about “way back when” when we had portable toilets and a three-sided shed to show in….. now it is indoors and fancy with indoor bathrooms and an indoor crating area!

Friday night was a theme night- come show your dog in pajamas, and we didn’t disappoint! The entire Chinook crew (Laura Morgan, Madeline Ulinski, Patti Richards and myself) was in pjs, and of course I failed to get a picture! Puppy Bashaba Sweet Nella visited with us a bit before the show started- she’s living a fairy tale life with the Johnsons and doing a great job! And prospective owner Carol Schelin visited and hung out for the entire show weekend!

Now on to the results:

Nov 3- Judge Tim Parr

Puppy Female/Best Female – Asterion Mabel
    Adult Female / Reserve Best Female – Rivertrail Hurricane

Mabel pranced proudly into her first show at seven months old and walked off with honors! She was shown by Madeline Ulinski, who is (LITERALLY) nine months pregnant. Madeline also showed Hurricane, showed one dog in Best Female, and then also in Breed. So now, none of you have any excuses ever about not trying out a dog show. When you’re due around Thanksgiving and showing a dog for a whole weekend in early November….much respect, Madeline.

Champion of Champions – Bashaba Naunbat Nashira
    Reserve Champion – Forever Greene an Affair to Remember (Ooma)
    Also showing – Rivertrail Tsunami

These three girls presented a really lovely Champion class, which all of the judges commented on all weekend long.

Grand Champion / Best of Breed – Forever Greene Atka

It was late on Friday night, so I admit to not remembering what Atka’s Group placement was. Sorry!

Saturday saw the plucky team arrive again, joined by Maria Sommer and Fox Meadow Itasca (Tasca – probably I’m forgetting part of her name! Sorry!) for the day.

Nov 4 Show 1- Judge Mary Ellen Meyer

Mabel repeated her performance from Friday- quite a feat of focus from such a young pup!

Champion of Champions – Forever Greene an Affair to Remember (Ooma)
    Reserve Champion – Rivertrail Tsunami
    Also showing – Bashaba Naunbat Nashira

Grand Champion / Best of Breed /Group 2(?)- Forever Greene Atka

Nov 4 Show 2- Judge David Kitteredge

Mabel again! Three majors in her three trips in the ring! Good job, Mabel!

Champion of Champions –
    Reserve Champion – Bashaba Ellam Qaralii

Grand Champion – Forever Greene Atka

Best of Breed/ Group 3? – Forever Greene an Affair to Remember (Ooma)

After a good night’s sleep and getting up earlier than ideal thanks to the time change, we were back at it Sunday.

Nov 5 Show 1- Judge Darryl Hurst

Puppy Female/Reserve Best Female – Asterion Mabel
    Adult Female / Best Female – Rivertrail Hurricane

Finally Hurricane had her chance to shine, and she did!

Champion of Champions – Bashaba Naunbat Nashira
    Reserve Champion – Rivertrail Tsunami
    Also showing – Forever Greene an Affair to Remember (Ooma)

Grand Champion – Forever Greene Atka

Best of Breed/ Group 4 – Bashaba Naunbat Nashira

And after a LOOOONNNNGGGG wait, and a long weekend, finally we were in the ring for Show 2.

Nov 5 Show 3- Judge Kathy Kellogg

Puppy Female/Reserve Best Female – Asterion Mabel
    Adult Female / Best Female – Rivertrail Hurricane

Mabel was definitely ready for puppy pursuits that were more fun than a conformation show, but she is a lovely girl with a lot of promise. Hurricane showed lots of polish and took the victory.

Champion of Champions – Bashaba Ellam Qaralii
    Reserve Champion – Forever Greene an Affair to Remember (Ooma)

Grand Champion / Best of Breed/ Group 3 – Forever Greene Atka

And thus, we all packed up and headed home! Hope to see you at a show next year!

Patti Richards
    Participant

What a fun weekend with fun people and beautiful Chinooks. As you can see from the report the winning was spread around. Uthat says a great deal about the quality of the Nooks entered.
    This is s great club that puts on several shows a year. Don’t miss the next one!

Patti Richards
    Participant

Also showing on Sat. In Altered class was Ch Forever Greene Qannik. Qannik is a dream to show, happily trotting around the ring and then throwing a rock solid stack. For her efforts she was awarded Best in Show for both shows. This is her third BIS along with two Reserve BIS, all from the Altered classes.
    Qannik had to be spayed to literally save her life which I thought ended her show career. She has shown me just how wrong I was.

Karen Hinchy

Oh gosh, I’m sorry! How did I forget Qannik’s big day? That’s a pretty amazing feat, two Bests in Show in one day. Qannik looked great and was a sweet ambassador.

Kristy Jolly
    Participant

Congrats all!! I had to go to CO just to hang out with other Chinooks at a dog show so I’m definatly jealous. 🙂

Congrats on two BIS wins! I love when Chinooks can be on top and beat the more common breeds!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.