Plans are underway for the 2023 Chinook National Specialty & Family Reunion, which will be held June 22-23, 2023, in Loveland, Colorado. The Specialty show is a great time for Chinooks and their humans to get together, cheer for the competitors, celebrate the winners and honor our dogs. Add to that an annual banquet, auction, workshops and other fun events … it will most certainly be an event to remember!
2023 SILENT AUCTION
Diana Fowler and I are teaming-up to make this year's auction more fun and loaded with tempting merchandise! You can help with this in a variety of ways:
1. Donate something special to the Silent Auction.
2. Help recruit donations from Chinook owners and local businesses.
3. Work with other Chinook owners in your region to compile a gift basket for the Auction (see below).
4. Save all your shopping money and come to the Auction!
WHAT MAKES A GOOD AUCTION ITEM?
If you have attended Specialties in years past, you will know that this is a great event. Every year we have to remind people that this is a 'non-contact' sport! Why? Because the items are always so incredible! In the past, auction items have included:
• Original artwork - quilts, a Chinook flag, framed photos, blown glass, portraits
• Equipment for the working dog - packs, collars, leashes, harnesses, dog sleds, skijoring belts.
• Stuff for the pampered dog - treats, spa items, grooming equipment
• Chinook memorabilia - replicas of the NH Chinook Trail sign, old postcards, magazines, Chinook and His Family and other books
• Goodies for humans - handmade jewelry, Chinook wines and beers, gift certificates, yummy foods, clothing
REGIONAL GIFT BASKETS
Volunteers are needed to organize regional gift baskets to offer at the Auction. Foods for humans, dog treats, promotional items from regional businesses, dog gadgets and toys - the ideas are endless. Contact Karen Schiller or Diana Fowler for details on how to join this fun project: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
The proceeds from this auction help cover the cost of the National Specialty events, and sometimes we have been able to make a contribution to a good cause as well. Please help us make this the most successful Auction ever!
Even if you are unable to attend the Specialty, you can help by sending an auction item to Karen Schiller, 417 Gait Circle, Fort Collins, CO 80524. What can you add to this auction that will attract the bidders? We bet you've got some great ideas – let us hear from you!
Karen Schiller & Diana Fowler
2023 Silent Auction Committee