We are pleased to announce the Chinook Winter Weekend in the birthplace of the Chinook: Tamworth, NH from February 16-17, 2024! Our own COA Historian (Bob Cottrell) and COA Regional Activities Chair (John Habermehl) will be there leading the fun. There are several events planned and lots of Chinook and Tamworth History to soak up with friends.
Friday - 530pm, Dinner at Hobb's Tavern & Brewing
- A chance to meet up with old and new Chinook friends and enjoy some tasty grub.
- Unfortunately Hobb's does not allow dogs inside, so please plan accordingly
Saturday - 10am-2pm, Tamworth History Center
- The Hall Dyer House will be open for a special viewing for you to see photos and memorabilia related to the famous sled dog Chinook and his ongoing legacy. There will be hot beverages and cookies.
- Bob Cottrell, COA Historian will give a presentation on Chinook history and will be available throughout the day for questions
- Meet and greet Chinooks (bring yours!) all day long
- Depending on weather, we may work some dogs, learn about sledding, or do other activities together (we encourage you to bring up any fun ideas you may have)
- 530pm - we'll meet again at Hobb's for dinner
This is a great time for Chinooks and their owners to meet up and take part in some fun activities together as well as get to know the history of the breed. We hope to see you there! Please contact COA Regional Activities Chair, John Habermehl at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.